Preparing for Next Week’s Message
This reading plan will get your heart and mind set for the next message on November 8, 2015:
- SUNDAY: Matthew 9:9-34,
- MONDAY: Matthew 9:35-38, Matthew 10:1-23,
- TUESDAY: Matthew 10:24-42,
- WEDNESDAY: Matthew 11:1-24,
- THURSDAY: Matthew 11:25-30, Matthew 12:1-21,
- FRIDAY: Matthew 12:22-50, John 20,
- SATURDAY: Matthew 13:1-23,
Reflecting on the Most Recent Sermon
Sermon Series: Called: Stepping Out in Faith Sermon Title: Called to Kingdom Partnership and World Outreach
Delivered On: November 1, 2015
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. ([bible]Mark 16:15[/bible])
• Pray for our international partnerships in sharing the good news of God’s grace. • Seek God for His vision and provision for our Organic Outreach Center. • Invite the Holy Spirit to continue to challenge us to use our financial means in ways that further His kingdom around the world. • Pray against the evil one’s tactics to keep Christians from having a passion for the world. • Ask God to infuse us with His power as we step out in faith as we hear God’s call to reach out to the world with His message of love. • Pray that people around the world will be positively impacted now and in the future through the ministries of Shoreline. • Give thanks for all God has done for us.
Fasting Challenge: Consider fasting for a day from food, or a couple of days from media. Every time you want food or think about TV (or jumping into the media world), use this as a trigger to pray for God’s provision for all the needs of Shoreline as we follow God’s call and step out in faith.
Small Group Discussion
If you have ever been on a mission trip or engaged in a global outreach experience, describe what it was like to go to another place and seek to share the love and grace of Jesus.
Often times people who go on international mission trips will say something like, “I think I got more out of the trip than I gave to others.” Why is this so often the case? What can happen in our heart and life when we take part in a Global Outreach experience?
Watch: Called Video for Week 6
Imagine these two scenarios:
Scenario #1:Shoreline keeps all of our outreach focus in Monterey County and we see 200-300 people become Christians every year for the next decade.
Scenario #2:Shoreline continues to do great outreach right here in Monterey County, but we also train leaders who influence 2,000 -3,000 churches a year…and these churches each reach ten people who become Christians each year.
In ten years, what Kingdom impact will be made through each of these scenarios?
Why do you think God gives such explicit instructions and exhortations to his people about reaching out and sharing the love of God to other nations? What are some of the things that keep us from following this clear call?
Shoreline has an opportunity to teach and train leaders who have influence over thousands of churches and ministries around the United States and the world. Why do you think God is opening the door for Shoreline to have such broad and significant impact on other ministries and parts of the world?
What can we do to be faithful to follow God into these new places of ministry and influence for Jesus? How can we be praying for a mighty work of God in and through Shoreline in the coming years?
In Acts 1:8 the risen Lord Jesus lists four spheres of influence and gospel sharing that every Christian and church should engage in. We touched on these in Week 2, but so often we just talk about these four spheres of influence hypothetically. It does little good if we stop at mere discussion. How we can resolve to get involved in outreach for each of these areas:
Jerusalem (Reaching out right where we are… in our home, neighborhood, school, family, and other places we find ourselves on a daily basis),
Judea(Doing organic outreach in our community, through acts of compassion, outreach events, service projects, and more),
Samaria(Sharing the love of God and message of Jesus with people who are often ignored or even avoided),
The Ends of the Earth (Going to far away places to share Jesus, or training and equipping people from far away places so they can bring the message of Jesus to their own people).
How are you engaging in these?
How is Shoreline engaging in these kinds of outreach?
How can we increase our involvement in these places of potential outreach and Kingdom impact?