You’re probably familiar with the 5 love languages. You may even know what your love language is. And SOME of you may even know your SPOUSE’S love language.
I ran across two things this week that we’re going to leverage the next two date nights. You’ll understand why TWO dates in just a bit.
The first was an article on the Thriving Marriages blog about Date Night Ideas for the 5 Love Languages. Since our Married People resources come with content for 4 date nights a year and this year we expanded to 7, I thought this might be a good resource for the extra date nights.
Then I found an App called Love Nudge. It calls itself a fitness app for couples, and it includes a fun, free (my favorite price) way to take the Love Language assessment for yourself.
So here’s next month’s date night plan:
1) Register for June’s date night HERE.
2) Download the app and take the assessment. Remember, it’s free.
3) Share the app with your spouse. It’s built into the assessment process.
4) Spouses: do the assessment.
5) Watch your inbox! We’ll be sending you an idea sheet on how you might structure your June date night based on your SPOUSE’S Love Language. We’ll still provide some conversation fodder, but YOU will make it fit your spouse’s Love Language.
Now, why is it for the next TWO date nights?
Chances are good that you each have a different love language. So planning a date night to fit your partner’s love language may be different than what you would choose for yourself. Since June’s Date Night is the evening of NPS graduations, and many on this list are NPS couple, and MOST of the graduates are men, Ladies – you get to plan the particulars. In July, it’s the husbands’ turn to set things up.
So, step one is RIGHT HERE, date night registration for July.
And…for anyone thinking this is WAY too much work, here’s the LINK for setting up a counseling session with Shoreline’s Lay Counseling Clinic.